I have been trying to find new ways to incorporate fish into my diet. I was never a big fan of fish, I always deemed it as ‘too fishy’ and would opt for the peanut butter sandwich instead, but I started experimenting more in the kitchen I have discovered that in actual fact I do quite enjoy it. I found a large bag of sole fillets at the grocery store for a decent price so I scooped it up with the intention of trying out a bunch of sole recipes to feed to my hungry guinea pigs (I mean roommates).
Not too long ago I made a salmon and tomato dish so I wanted to try something kind of similar for my very first dalliance with some sole. While I realize that salmon and sole are in no way similar other than that they both once swam in the ocean, but I haven’t had a whole ton of experience with fish so I wanted to go with something I kind of knew worked.
So here we are, spiced sole with tomatoes.
- 6 sole fillets
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In a saucepan add garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes and spices. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
2. In a separate skillet sautee the sole fillets (I sautéed mine in a bit of butter for about 3 minutes) and add some salt and pepper to the fillets.
- Serve the sole fillets with the sauce. We had ours with rice, peas and garlic bread.